Moved! And in with the MIL

Blogger on Android didn't work for whatever reason so I'm merging two posts I had into one.

With the demolition scheduled for 30 May we wanted to leave ourselves plenty of time to move and then salvage stuff.  The intention was to only move the stuff we wanted to keep (that hasn't worked!!)

We moved on the weekend of 3/4 May from the old house to the MIL's house in Kingsgrove.
We moved ourselves this time.  Usually we hire a removalist truck and move everything.  But that's when you have an empty house to move into.  This time we were moving into a house which already had all it's own 'stuff'.  We've managed to jam stuff in to all sorts of corners and now the house is upside down and our bedroom has become a microcosm of our life and has condensed a lot of belongings into one room.

Optus has failed us :(

I was excited to find out that an Optus Cable move is free. So although they are slightly more expensive than the Telstra run "Belong" per month the installation fee of a Telstra line at the MIL's was $299 which we'd never recoup from the savings... unless the house build took 60 months to build (touch wood!!!)

So I organised a disconnect on Sunday 4th May and connection on Monday 5th May.  It was all scheduled in, the connection was disabled on Sunday but on Monday after I told my MIL what to expect... the usual from a telco.  No show technician :(  Which means I have no real internet.  Just tethering off my mobile.  I have some data but it meant last night during a meeting I had to use the actual phone and not Hangouts or Skype.  And on Weds and Fridays when I usually work on Oddswop I'll have to work from my mother's place in Padstow Heights.  She's got internet!

Home for now:

Comments

Popular