Japanese Garden

So for our front yard, outside our bedroom, I wanted to create a small Japanese garden space.  Mainly for viewing as beyond that will be a productive garden.  We live on a battle axe block so a front yard as a productive garden isn't that strange a concept!

The view from our bedroom window looks something like this:


Cartoon effect front yard view

Sorry I took it using a cartoon effect and now realise I didn't have an actual photo of this that looks half decent!

Here's one where the retaining wall is mostly done but without the capping and without the gravel... 

Stepping stones in and the retaining wall mostly done
Anyway... the concept I came up with for my Japanese garden is this:


It's inspired by this photo:

I already have the Japanese maple tree.  Photo is of our maple:

And I think I'll have to save up for a cloud tree... this is one from Houzz

Here's the front yard bit with gravel from a different angle:



And today I got my delivery of the Korean Grass I love.  It's hard to picture here what it looks like but scroll down for one inspirational photo!
49 plugs of "no mow" grass.  AKA Korean Grass.  



 And the Korean grass should look something like this (well I certainly hope so!)


Behind this to create a layer is going to be some pittosporum golf ball plants.  Already purchased two from Bunnings (expensive!) and some cheaper ones (but likely smaller ones) from Garden Express.

They look like this (the ones that are in the middle):

 or this:


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular