Brick yard excursion

Brick yard excursion

We went out on Monday morning to have a look as we though there may be some differences in Blackett... but not enough for us to worry about!
Home of the Sandstocks!
It wasn't an easy place to find.  Old Wallgrove Road turns at some point and the location isn't on Google Maps.  But you basically go to the end of Old Wallgrove Road... past the Austral brickyard.

The office to check in and get our high vis vests
Checking stock levels.  I don't think they need to worry!
We're choosing this row.  I think we'll only need 2-3 pallets

It was funny as I asked our Customer Services person how many bricks they were ordering of Blackett.  They couldn't tell me and advised that we should take an A3 version of our Work Order plans and get the brickyard to work it out.  Seriously?  You'd think they would need this as part of their purchase orders.  I ended up doing my own calcs based on 49 bricks per square metre of surface area minus the windows and doors we had in the alfresco area and allowing for the bricks which are on the 'sides' of the house.

If we end up doing a feature internal wall maybe we can put some Blackett on a cladding system

Just some other photos of the brickyard outside.  I was really treating this like an excursion :)
Wall of brick options

Stacks of bricks everywhere!

I have no idea what this is but thought it may have been some old brick making machine? So I took a photo!

Comments

Popular