Ceiling mounted curtain tracks

I found what I wanted... on a cruise ship!

So we've been on a cruise to NZ and there are some house design tips that I can take away from it.  Firstly if the scheduling is right, a house shouldn't take 6 months to build. They refurbished that whole ship in 40 days. $80 Million dollars worth of refurbishment.  Surely they can build our house quicker?  *sigh*

OK onto my insights from the cruise ship:

A compact bathroom approx 1.5m x 1.3m can be very efficient!  The door opened outwards but the sink, loo and shower cubical fit into a small but very functional area.  I unfortunately didn't take a proper photo of it but here's the pencil sketch version (phone app does this)

But the thing I did find that I want is the hidden ceiling mounted track!  As you can see they have built a bit of pelmet and then just screwed in the track.  This looks like a simple enough track to try and source doesn't it?


And the integrated looking pelmet.


Like joannek from the H1 forums they have gone blockout behind the sheer curtains.  Not sure about that as I think the sheers on the outside makes more sense still?

Comments

Popular