Looking for a cheque book ... and a stamp

A few updates...

Firstly the demolition is done!

Here are some photos of the block with no house... and ready to be built on.




Then an update on progress... or lack thereof.

I had to follow up with Home Demolition our need for a clearance certificate.  Maybe it's not needed in all cases but you would think they would just give it to us.  But no we have to ask for it.  And then despite me asking for it, they send it to Will.  Thank goodness I was prepared and asked Will in advance to send it to me if he gets it.

The scary thing is that this is a good demolition company.  And yet I get an email from the accounts lady with the following when I ask her about the balance of the invoice when there is damage to the fence:

You have copied in Axxxx on your email and he is automatically received your email.

Would it be possible in the future for your concern of the job, if you could please send your query to Anesti directly?

For any accounts/invoice matter, you can send it to myself on this email admin@xxxxx.com.au.

How many times do you think I'll email you?  Seriously!  When I'm at the stage of finalising the account!

Also after telling us how good they are they tell us that they were going to pull out as our driveway was too steep.  I'm sorry but I did get you to come out and estimate.  And when we saw you at the home show you said you'd bring the truck around to test things out and let us know but not to worry since you were so good you were going to get it done.  Yes that's great.  I agree you did a good job but then don't tell us how hard it was.

I suspect the demolition company is new to the home demolition market.  The contract had something along the lines of paying by credit card but on asking I was told that it wasn't set up.  Also the above emails make me think they only deal with corporates or only tend to do deal with corporates.

Things like this make me pretty angry.  I am ok for them to tell me that they had some dramas with it... I suppose I just didn't like how they delivered the message.  *sigh*  I think the building thing is making me angry despite me really enjoying this sort of thing normally!  Maybe it's living with my mother in law?

Anyway enough venting on that side of things.  It's done.  We've paid our $17377.80 and it's now done.

I sent the Clearance Certificate to Sekisui last week.  And then on Friday I get an email saying we need to pay council some fee.  It was a generic letter with no reference to us or anything else.  So I had to check in with council.  Yes we're meant to pay it.  It's a bond for the council property.  And we need to pay it before council will accept our CDC.  I didn't realise we still needed to lodge our CDC assuming that it was all sorted.  We didn't have to do it for the demolition... or maybe it's a pay once and it will cover us for the time thing.

OK so we need to pay. But how?  Could I do a direct deposit or bpay or credit card?  No... I had to send a cheque.  And I had so send a cheque with the CDC documents which are with the PCA company.

The problem was then the cheque book.  I did find it.  Surprisingly it was in a very obvious drawer.  The stamp was a bit more difficult.  But the most difficult... was going to be the letter to go with it.  I think I need personal with comp slips.  And the ability to print them.  In the end I opened up a Google docs to print out a letter.  And handwriting an envelope is never good.  I think I need a manual feed thing for the envelopes so I can print rather than write them!

So that's it.  As of 21 July 2014 we're still waiting.  Waiting for something to happen.  Has the clock started ticking?  I don't know!  I think so!  I hope so!  The 20 days was from when Sekisui has all our paperwork.  Just not sure if that includes the paperwork they handle.

Comments

Popular