We're meant to have started already!

Just a random post since I'm procrastinating about doing work and would rather dream about the house...

We've had contact from our new Customer Services person (for onsite customer services vs paperwork customer services) and our Site Supervisor.  And I find out retrospectively our site was ACC'd on 30 July... which means that they should have been starting construction on 27th... but alas... they are already claiming delays due to the rain.  (At least they had the grace not to claim it was because we didn't have tiger tails or something ridiculous like that!)

Photo of the super-expensive tiger tails ($1062):


Also spoke to the State Construction Manager earlier in the week who had the bad luck to have to call me and get us to approve an increase of ~$2500 for fill.  Strangely enough by the time the Customer Services person called me it was $2000.  

When I spoke to BB our site supervisor he was asking how the demo guys went on our driveway as he is concerned about the lump in it... and I just said they used smaller trucks!  Which Sekisui are charging us extra for anyway (extra site handling costs) -- BB didn't seem to know about this.  It really makes me wonder... ah well... not for us to worry about.

Floor Alternative

Last week when we went to Bunnings I also had a look at some Gerfloor vinyl which someone on the H1 forum had mentioned.  It looks pretty good so could be an option for us if we decide that the HN Laminate isn't the right stuff.  However we have decided all our colours against the floorboard we have from HN so it could be somewhat problematic!

Here are two photos to contrast:
 
Despite the shininess and people talking about laminate as if it's too noisy I still think there is a slight preference for the Nova Brown... maybe!  So hard to decide as they both look good.  I like the idea of a quieter floor if we go with vinyl and looks easier to install than the laminate (Stanley knife vs saw!) and as you can see in the photo above... the Gerfloor could be somewhat heaps cheaper!!  AND I'd feel more comfortable with DIY (I figure I could install the floor whilst Will gets on with the job of the deck!) 

No idea about the costs of the levelling stuff for vinyl -- will need to haunt the forums a bit more ;)

Some more visualisation tool images of the house colours (roof is meant to be colorbond but PGH don't include it as an option for their visualiser

Blackett Bricks (which will only be in the courtyard)
Gravel Bricks (main brick colour)






Comments

Popular