Frames for the house are going up

I can't believe how excited I am about how the house is progressing.

Spoke to the carpenters (who are amazing btw!) who basically said they are doing about 5 jobs at the moment but our SS has asked them to get our one done!  I don't know why ours has been prioritised but I'm definitely not complaining!!

They are doing an amazing job and getting the job done quickly.

We're expecting windows tomorrow and apparently the roof can start going on soon too!  It's a matter of scheduling whether or not roof or bricks come next.  I suspect the roof will come next as the brickies were having a few jobs between and last I heard there was a 3 week gap for availability (although that could be about 3 weeks ago now!)

Enough pondering... here are some photos.  Timelapse of the frame will go up sometime in the next week I hope too.

Tuesday the frames went up (next post will have the roof trusses)

Under the frame that is being put up will be a triple stacker door

Only two carpenters.  The same guys who did the floor and bearers and joists.

Prefab frames make the putting up fairly quick!
Bedroom on the left and study on the right
Framing day from the reserve side
End of framing day 1

Comments

Popular