Pendant Lights

Shopping and thinking about accessioning the house is one of the best bits of the house building process!

So here are my current thoughts on lights.  I want something classic that won't date too quickly.  I don't want to have to clean it too often as the pendant lights are going to be in a kitchen and over the dining room table.  Possibly the library area too.  I don't necessarily have to have them all matchy matchy but it would be good to have some common theme.  We want to make sure they are functional as well!

So my first choice doesn't really quite match the above criteria but does match my Pottery Barn type look as it's available at Pottery Barn too (but for a lot more than the supplier I'm intending to get it from!)

And it could be a bit too girly.  They also come in different sizes.  And do we want 2 or 3 above the kitchen bench?


And the light globes will almost have to be the Edison style ones which don't throw much light but I can't imagine them being energy savers.  So of course I googled to see if there are LED equivalents (not expecting any) but voila:

(There are other companies too!  so I'll cross that bridge when we get the lights!)

This style of light may just be too black for me...

I still like the Ottava IKEA light ($79) but will it clash being silver/aluminium?  Or should we just colour it black?  Someone else has done it previously and it looks pretty good!


Here's an example of it being spray painted in rubbed bronze.  We've done this in the past with pot belly black spray paint on some fairly modern looking light fittings and it works great!  (and the pot belly black is designed for heat/hot items so we felt fine using it)



The other options are things like these (I've been taking photos of potential lights... )







I am leaning towards the Pottery Barn esque ones... here's a pic from Pottery Barn of their larger version of the light:


Maybe 2 small ones for the kitchen and 2 large ones for the dining room area?

Come on house!  Get built quickly please.


Comments

Popular