Cabinets and plastering

There has been a heap of work this week on the house.  

Monday was plasterboard going in.  Pretty much all of the plasterboard was in one day.  There was only a small gap.  You can see the post here.

Tuesday was more plasterboard and Gyprock plaster and it was looking pretty amazing.

Wednesday we got cabinets!  Kitchen cabinets and bathroom cabinets.  I was also told that the plasterboard would be finishing.  However the cornices aren't there yet so not sure if that's part of that process or something different.

We have been told that waterproofing and the carpenter are coming in the next week or so!  Things are cracking on!

It'll be interesting to see how the colours end up working out.  Always so hard when you have to make selections so early and only see the combination properly when the house is put together.  I had to refer back to my old post about our colour appointment.

Ensuite cabinet.  Finesse Sand

Kitchen base cabinets.  Domain Riven finish.

Not sure if the drawers are openable as we spec'd it so we wouldn't have drawer handles
The plan was always to have drawer handles (or knobs) - I just didn't want to be locked into the (seemingly) very limited choice that Sekisui was offering.  Now looking at these photos I'm not too sure what will work!  It's turned out a lot darker than I imagined.  (I haven't seen these cabinets IRL yet - that's something I'll see if I can walk in tonight).

Foreground is the upper cabinets but placed sideways.  These are in Parchment.

All the cabinets are in our kitchen space for now.

Plasterboard ceilings

Corner finish in foreground and the front door in background.

Corners, corners, corners - and seeing into our courtyard!

I wonder how they are filling in the gaps or if this is an expansion gap or something?

Kitchen is pink Gyprock?  I wonder what the difference is... for heat?

From front to back

Fancy garage!

Plasterboard safety

Our ballroom / lounge / dining space
We don't dance, but it's certainly big enough to be a dance floor!

Dining room area and last part to be plasterboarded

Laundry - also different colour plasterboard

Another expansion gap photo

Comments

Popular