Cavity Units and Messages from the tradies

Seems like a bit of a blog frenzy atm.  Just that a lot has happened.

We spent a large part of today to come up with a plan for the home theatre.  Mainly as it needs so much cabling and thinking of layout.  It's not my domain so I stayed out of it for the most part.  But I did spend some quality time in the house just soaking up the ambiance :)

And taking lots of photos.  It is amazing how much the house is changing on a week to week basis.  Looks so different with the roof on and the progress since the last update is the cavity sliders are in and we have insight into the messaging systems and how mecano like the house components are!  I really love how it's a modular building system and how there are standard sizes for things.  It must make things a lot easier.  I'm assuming these are stock standard things or at least for Sekisui they are.

We found a Bunnings delivery slip as well which was interesting to see.  It happened to be for the "Eaves" delivery so had things like the Eave vents.

Cavity sliding units for the pantry

Cavity Unit warning label

I never questioned it but I do wonder why we have square set ceilings (I assume!) for the bathrooms?  Less mould?  Just because?
Message in the bathroom

Dried out bath cavity

Timbers have length markings (1870 / 2315 in pic)
2245 length timbers

Clear messaging!
 We did some measuring too.  The door frame unit could be changed out for something like the fancy leadlight doors we saw on the weekend at the Heritage Building Centre which I wrote about.
Our door 'unit' in case we want to splash out and get a new one - 1450
Yep confirmed that is the width of the doorway
Someone was bored on site obviously.  I wonder which tradie did this?  We found this turtle friend on our garage floor :)

A non tech Easter egg :)

Comments

Popular